The Way

The Way
My Journey Into the Community God Intended

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Let me begin by saying, "I am NOT down on church". Just the institution masquerading as the church in our world today. I am not just referring to the many denominations out there selling forgiveness for works, ordaining people to the ministry who are actively involved in a sinful lifestyle and those who blatantly disrespect the scripture by considering it as not being 100% inspired and infallible. I refer to the political agenda, not unlike that of the pharisees and saducees in the first century, that have turned the church, the living bride of Christ, in to a business, social club and spineless machine filled with self-centered egomaniacs and a self-serving membership who desire nothing more than for others to see "what a good christian person" they are. To be fair to the 5% that are not included in this group, there are some genuine christians out there seeking to find God's perfect will for their life and doing the best they can to live in a manner that honors and exhalts the name of Jesus. I cannot and will not believe that what we have in place today is what Jesus had in mind when He told Peter, "and upon this rock (the faith which Peter had in Jesus as the Christ) I will build My church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it". If we are in the last days (and I believe we are), we are going to see a persecution come upon the true church that the religious political machine will escape unscathed. When this persecution comes, there will be no doubt as to who is genuine and who is playing the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your thoughts. I will add your comments to the blog as soon as possible!