The Way

The Way
My Journey Into the Community God Intended

Monday, March 28, 2011

II Timothy 3:1-5 speaks of a time, which I believe we now live in, when men will have fallen away from the Truth and hold to a "form" of godliness where the true power of God is denied.  Could this be any more accurate?  The church today has become a spiritual paraplegic  because nerve impulses from the head (Christ) have been severed from the body.  The hand will not receive profitable information from the foot that will allow the body to lead a fruitful life.  Only when the body gets in sync with the head once again will it be able to function the way it was designed to.  The western church is failing in accomplishing God's eternal purpose set forth from the foundation of time. 

Many of the characteristics set forth in II Timothy 3 describing the world today have crept into the church, causing great damage to the body – like a cancer destroys the physical body.  Several years ago, I watched my father die from a cancer which reduced him from a very healthy 6’7”, 250 lb. man to a withered 90 lb. lifeless frame.  This spiritual cancer within the church has withered away the body and the church is ailing today, not far from death.  We need to ask God to heal the body spiritually, just as we have witnessed Him heal physically.  My God can heal, He can restore, He can cleanse, He can make right the things that are wrong.  II Chronicles 7:14 says: “…and if My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways then I will hear from  heaven, will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”  As I pray, YOU pray as well.  Pray that God will change our hearts and restore the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for submitting your thoughts. I will add your comments to the blog as soon as possible!